Retouching A Black And White Portrait Of An Elderly Man
There is nothing quite like a beautiful black and white portrait. In this video, we walk through how to use Photoshop and Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 to add that magic to a portrait of Bob, a senior citizen, who came into the studio.
The walkthrough mentions the following:
- Using ‘Content Aware’ fill as a more effective way of retouching skin and removing hairs
- Using the Camera Raw filter to remove dust spots
- Using a lasso and an Exposure adjustment layer to create a smooth vignette
- Using Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 to create a monochrome image
- Using a Color Balance adjustment layer to add a warm tone to the finished monochrome
Watch the video and see how we transform a studio image using some monochrome magic.