Retouching A Black And White Portrait Of A Young Woman
Bright sunshine and a beautiful subject, glorious greens and satin soft shadows. Ah, I have drifted into a romantic phase! This walkthrough takes a summer portrait of Megan and shows the basic steps from colour correction in Lightroom, retouching in Photoshop, conversion to a beautiful monochrome using Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 and the ultimate cropping back in Lightroom.
The walkthrough mentions the following:
- Using Adobe Lightroom to colour correct
- Using ‘Content Aware’ fill as a more effective way of retouching skin and removing hairs
- Using the ‘Dust and Scratch’ filter to remove stray hairs
- Using Curves layers to apply soft, makeup-like treatment to the skin
- Using a lasso and an Exposure adjustment layer to create a smooth vignette
- Using Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 to create a monochrome image
- Using a Color Balance adjustment layer to add a warm tone to the finished monochrome
- Using Lightroom to finish the crop
Watch the video and see how we take a location portrait to it’s finished monochrome.