Colour issues after exporting images

• October 17, 2019 at 6:04 pm #7245
    Emma GibsonEmma Gibson
    Participant

Hello! Hoping someone can help. I edit my photos in LR, then export them, but once exported the colours change significantly, and they are always cooler than they were in Lightroom. Any idea why this is happening and how to stop it? I do calibrate my monitor.

Thanks so much, Emma

October 18, 2019 at 8:01 am #7274
    Rachel ThornhillRachel Thornhill
    Participant

Hey Emma!

Wondering if you have any settings on export out of Lightroom?

xx

In a world where we can be anything, be kind 💜

October 24, 2019 at 9:29 pm #7577
    Emma GibsonEmma Gibson
    Participant

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your reply. It’s actually even just saving an image that’s been sent to me – the moment I save it, the colours change and become cooler and greyer. Nothing is ticked in LR. I also calibrate my monitor with Spyder Pro5.

It’s incredibly frustrating that I make the colours perfect in LR, then once downloaded, they are significantly off. Windows10 support can’t help, I went into a computer retailer that couldn’t help, I posted on an Adobe forum but no luck either.

Happy to try anything at this stage!!

Any advice massively appreciated.

Emma

November 4, 2019 at 12:33 pm #8079
    Keymaster

Hi Emma, it sounds a little like you’re having a problem with the colour spaces – can you send me screenshots of the steps you’re taking?  I’ll have a look for you.  If you’re using LR, send me a screenshot of the Export.  Also, are you using sRGB or Adobe RGB while you’re working in LR?  People sometimes guide you towards Adobe RGB (it has a slightly wider gamut) but the problem is that nearly all browsers / file finders etc. make the image look flat with this setting.

I am sure we’ll figure it out!

Paul Wilkinson FMPA FBIPP FSWPP

Be kind to yourself!

November 4, 2019 at 3:46 pm #8088
    Emma GibsonEmma Gibson
    Participant

Thanks so much Paul. I had guessed the same and managed to figure it out just yesterday through trawling the Adobe forum for several hours!!  I think my laptop had updated and a setting was out of sync…. all a bit stressful and very relieved to have it sorted. Thank you for the very kind offer though.

On a separate note, are you still doing image critiques – I’d love to send over a couple of images if at all possible?

Thanks again

Emma

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.